We're hiring for a Housing and Development Officer at Ruhama.
Duration: 12 Month Fixed Contract, part time. 21 hours per week (flexible working hours during office hours negotiable).
Reports to: Service Manager
Training: The successful candidate will be expected to participate in Ruhama staff/volunteer training during the course of their contract.
Salary: The salary for this position is €34,400 pro rata (€20,650 based on 21hrs per week)
This role is an exciting opportunity to contribute to and engage with the work of Ruhama. The Housing & Development Officer will provide and develop services to women seeking assistance with housing, social welfare & development support. They will work directly with the Ruhama practice team to support Ruhama’s integrated model of work.
The Housing and Development Officer will have:
- An excellent ability and confidence to work on own initiative and also as a part of a team.
- A strong interest in the area housing support and advocacy.
- Experience of the Irish housing and social welfare system.
- Knowledge of budgeting skills.
- Excellent computer skills and some familiarity with databases and spreadsheets.
- Good report writing skills.
- An understanding of the exploitative nature of the commercial sex trade and the challenges that may be faced by Ruhama’s client group.
- Manage internal referrals to the Housing and Development service.
- Carry out Housing assessments with clients.
- Collaborate with clients to achieve best outcomes for their housing, financial sustainability and social integration needs.
- Support Ruhama’s planning, and support the development of the Housing service.
- Liaise and negotiate with housing support agencies, the department of social welfare, private landlords and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with housing bodies, landlords and other key partners.
- Plan and provide a range of aftercare support for women in independent living.
- Maintain existing file management/data collection systems relating to Housing and Development.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Service Manager.
- In conjunction with the Service Manager, prepare and maintain budgets pertaining to the Housing and Development service.
- Refer clients internally or to external agencies as appropriate.
Find out more information and apply for the role here by Friday 12th April 2019.